India is the fifth best country in the world for dynamic growing businesses, according to the Grant Thornton Global Dynamism Index. The index gives a reflection of how suitable an environment it offers for dynamic businesses.
In addition, India's economic confidence grew by 8 points to 68 per cent in the month of January 2013 as compared to December 2012, making it the second most economically confident country in the world, according to a survey titled 'Ipsos economic pulse of the world'.
"India is clearly becoming a more and more important player on the world stage in G20 context, in terms of its role in the global economy. It is very useful for us to exchange ideas and build the basis for future collaboration," according to Mr Ben Bernanke, Chairman, US Federal Reserve.
Investment options in India
- The enterprise software market in India is expected to reach US$ 3.92 billion in 2013, registering a growth of 13.9 per cent over 2012 revenue of US$ 3.45 billion, according to Gartner
- Indian banking and securities companies will spend Rs 42,200 crore (US$ 7.50 billion) on IT products and services in 2013 - a 13 per cent rise from Rs 37,300 crore (US$ 6.63 billion) a year ago, according to a study by Gartner
- The Indian pharmaceutical market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14-17 per cent over 2012-16. It is now among the top five pharmaceutical emerging markets globally
- The FM radio sector in India is expected to touch the Rs 2,300 crore (US$ 397.82 million) mark within three years of the Phase III licences' roll-out, as per estimates by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Ernst & Young. The sector is expected to reach Rs 1,400 crore (US$ 242.16 million) with 245 private FM stations during 2012-13
- Indian manufacturing and natural resources industry plans to spend Rs 40,800 crore (US$ 7.24 billion) on IT products and services in 2013, an increase of 9.1 per cent over 2012, according to Gartner. The telecommunications category remains the biggest spending category overall in the manufacturing and natural resources industry and it is forecast to reach Rs 13,200 crore (US$ 2.34 billion) in 2013
- India's IT and business process outsourcing (BPO) sector exports are expected to grow by 12-14 per cent in FY14 to touch US$ 84 billion - US$ 87 billion, as per National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom)
- The electronic system design and manufacturing (ESDM) sector of India is expected to touch US$ 94.2 billion by 2015 from US$ 64.6 billion in 2011, according to a report by the India Semiconductor Association (ISA) and Frost & Sullivan. The semiconductor market is expected to grow from US$ 6.03 billion in 2011 to US$ 9.7 billion by 2015. In addition, the local demand and sourcing is estimated to touch US$ 3.6 billion by 2015