India has a diverse and rich textile tradition. Contemporary Indian textiles not only reflect the country's rich and splendid past, but also cater to the demands of the modern day. In fact, India is today one of the world's leading manufacturers of manmade textiles. The fibre and yarn produced in India is comparable to the best in the world. Indian fabrics are known for their excellent workmanship, colours and durability. Due to heavy investments in world-class manufacturing plants, continuous innovation, new product mix, and strategic market expansion, Indian man-made fibres (MMF) are all set to take centre stage in the global arena.
- Polyester is the largest segment of the Indian MMF and rayon textile industry
- In 2012-13 (April-February), fabrics were the largest product category accounting for 39 per cent of total exports
- Indian MMF textiles are exported to more than 140 countries
- During 2011-12, the Middle East was the largest market and accounted for nearly 25 per cent of MMF textile exports from India, while Asia accounted for 23 per cent
- The top 10 markets accounted for over 51 per cent of India's exports
- The UAE is one of the consistent top market for Indian MMF textiles
- Other high growth markets are the US, Turkey, Brazil, Egypt, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Germany and the UK
The Synthetic and Rayon Textile Export Promotion Council
The Synthetic and Rayon Textiles Export Promotion Council (SRTEPC) was set up in 1954, to extend all possible assistance to Indian exporters of synthetic and rayon textiles and to overseas buyers doing business in India.
78, Veer Nariman Road
Mumbai - 400020
Download the brochureSize: 9.80 mb