Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Ltd

Go Back

Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Ltd

  • Only private insurer to cross the Rs 100 crore (US$ 16.29 million) mark in profit before tax in the last two years.
  • Received iAAA rating, from ICRA Ltd.
  • Conferred with the Golden Peacock Award 2014 in the category of innovative products/ service

It's is a joint venture between Bajaj Finserv Ltd (recently demerged from Bajaj Auto Ltd) and Allianz SE. Both enjoy a reputation of expertise, stability and strength.

Bajaj Allianz received the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) certificate of Registration on May 2, 2001 to conduct various businesses (including health insurance business) in India. The Company has an authorized and paid up capital of Rs 110 crores (US$ 17.91 million). Bajaj Finserv Ltd holds 74 per cent and the remaining 26 per cent is held by Allianz, SE.

As on March 31, 2014 Bajaj Allianz maintained its premier position in the industry by achieving growth as well as profitability. Bajaj Allianz has made a profit before tax of Rs 587 crore (US$ 95.62 million) and has become the only private insurer to cross the Rs 100 crore (US$ 16.29 million) mark in profit before tax in the last two years. The profit after tax was Rs 409 crore (US$ 66.63 million), 39 per cent higher than the previous year.

Source: http://www.bajajallianz.com/

Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Ltd

2014 Has been awarded the ‘Insurer Claims Team of the Year’ at the ‘Claims Awards Asia 2014’.
2013 Won the Claims Awards Asia 2013 in the category Claims Innovation of the Year in the Asia Pacific Region.
2012 General Insurance Provider of the Year at the Money Today FPCIL Awards.
2011 Best Travel Insurer awarded by CNBC Awaaz Travel Award.
2008 Business Leader in General Insurance at the NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards.

Updated: January, 2015

Insurance
The total market size of the insurance sector in India is projected to touch US$ 350-400 billion by 2020.
x IBEF : India Brand Equity Foundation