Press Information Bureau: September 19, 2013
New Delhi: In a major boast to the North-East tourism sector, Union Tourism Minister Shri K. Chiranjeevi has approved Central Finance Assistance (CFA) to various tourism development projects in the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim and Nagaland.
1) Development of Tourist infrastructure at Bura-Nilkantha at Legship in West Sikkim - Rs.89.10 lakh.
Buranilkantha is a beautiful river side location en-route to Geyzing and Renchenpong. Strengthening tourist facilities at this spot is found essential to render a way side tourist point along this circuit, so that the tourists are not strained by distant travel. The project involves the development of amenity block, construction of Eco-friendly walkways and Landscaping & Beautification.
2) Strengthening of wayside tourism facilities along with the national highway in Sikkim Circuit. - Amount Sanctioned Rs.160.00 lakh.
This project involves the construction of Car parking area, way side amenities along with the NH-31A in Rangpo town.
3) Rs.160.00 lakh has been sanctioned towards provision and display of superlative signages and hoardings in Sikkim. The proposed signages and Hoardings will be displayed at various places like railway stations, bus stops and hotels, in order to showcase and propagate the tourism potential of the state.
4) Development of Tourist Circuit along Marchak including Development of Barchangey water site in East Sikkim.- Amount Sanctioned Rs.160.00 lakh.
This project involves the development of Tourist infrastructure like tourist accommodation, cafeteria, viewing deck and water bodies at Barchangey waterfall site.
1) Mega Tourist Destination at Tawang ”. - Amount Sanctioned Rs.463.34 lakh.
This project involves the construction of Guest house complex, Tawang monestry restaurant, Dormitory complex and development of waterfall viewing gallery, Children Park and Amphitheatre at Tawang.
2) Construction of Tourist Complex at Hunli Lower Dibang Valley District.
Amount Sanctioned Rs.98.05 lakh.
Hunli region is part of the lower Dibang valley district and is popular for its scenic beauty and cold temperature which attracts domestic and foreign tourists. With a view to project the region as a major destination, government has conceived this project as a flagship project to preserve and to promote eco tourism and provide accessibility to tourist in terms of adventure. This project will increase the inflow of visitors since it shall facilitate the platform to disseminate knowledge about the multi-fascinating local tribal people inhabiting the areas from centuries.
1) “Eco-Adventure and culture destination at Kuhuboto”. - Amount Sanctioned Rs.100.00 Lakh.
Kuhuboto is a virgin tourist destination which is rich in natural beauty. This place is endowed with lush green mountains and valleys, flowers, mountain streams etc. Kuhuboto has a close proximity to Dimapur, which is promising destination both from Tourism and Business stand point.
This project involves the construction of Budget Accommodation hotel, tourist reception center, open air theater, public toilet, food court, parking area and cafeteria.
Disclaimer: This information has been collected through secondary research and IBEF is not responsible for any errors in the same.