This section contains information on the Railway Budget 2013-14 and Union Budget 2013-14.
The Railway Budget for 2013-14 was presented by Mr Pawan Kumar Bansal, Union Minister for Railways on February 26, 2013.
Some key highlights of the Railway Budget 2013-14 are as follows:
- Highest ever plan outlay of 63,363 cr (US$ 11.71 billion)
- 500 km new lines, 750 km doubling, 450 km gauge conversion targeted in 2013-14
- Setting up of 75 megawatt (MW) capacity windmill plants and energising 1000 level crossings with solar power
The Union Budget for 2013-14 was announced by Mr P Chidambaram, the Union Finance Minister, in Parliament on February 28, 2013. It gives an overall picture of how the Indian economy has been performing.
Some key highlights of the Union Budget 2013-14 are as follows:
- During the 11th Plan period, the Indian economy registered a growth rate of 8 per cent
- India to become a US$ 5 trillion economy by 2025
- India’s exports and imports amount to 43 per cent of gross domestic product (GDP) and two-way external sector transactions have risen to 108 per cent of GDP