Facts About Indian Economy
- The overall growth of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) at factor cost at constant (2004-05) prices (real GDP) for 2013-14 is placed at 4.7 per cent as compared to 4.5 per cent for 2012-13, as per the Provisional Estimates released on May 30, 2014.
- According to the data released by Grant Thornton India, an accounting and consulting firm, the total merger and acquisitions (M&A) and private equity (PE) deals in the month of July 2014 were valued at US$ 8.39 billion (110 deals) as compared to US$ 5.4 billion (85 deals) in the month of July 2013.
- The Gross Capital Formation in industry for 2012-13 was Rs 3,242,727 crore (US$ 530.63 billion) in India according to data released by Central Statistics Office (CSO), Government of India.
- India has contributed 10.25 per cent of the overall 3.9 per cent rise in the global market capitalisation (market cap) this year, which has made it the second-highest contributor in the world.
- India's exports grew by 7.33 per cent to US$ 27.72 billion in July 2014, according to the data released by Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
- Foreign exchange (Forex) reserves increased by US$ 60.5 million to reach US$ 319 billion in the week ended August 29, 2014, according to data released by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- The Indian paint industry which is currently valued at Rs 40,600 crore (US$ 6.73 billion) is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20 per cent until 2016, on back of increasing demand from retail consumers.
- India’s drugs and pharmaceuticals industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14 per cent to touch Rs 2.91 trillion (US$ 47.61 billion) by 2018.
- The internet's share in total advertising revenue in India is expected to double from eight per cent in 2013 to 16 per cent in 2018, according to a report by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
- Mr Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India, has congratulated the space scientists for the successful insertion of the Mars Orbiter Mission into the orbit of Mars.