Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation Ltd (TIDCO), State Industries Promotion Corporation of Tamil Nadu (SIPCOT), Tamil Nadu Industrial Investment Corporation Limited (TIIC), and Tamil Nadu Small Industries Development Corporation Limited (TANSIDCO) are jointly developing industrial infrastructure in the state.
Tamil Nadu Industrial Guidance & Export Promotion Bureau has been set up with the objective of attracting major investment proposals into Tamil Nadu.
Some of the major initiatives taken by the government to promote Tamil Nadu as an investment destination are:
- The Government of Tamil Nadu has recently unveiled an automobile policy which would focus on future development and consolidation of the automobile and components industry, where the state enjoys a comparative advantage.
- TIDCO has proposed to set up a sector-specific SEZ for the engineering sector on about 280 acres of land, at an estimated cost of around US$ 219.0 million in Phase-1 of the project.
- The state government has set up industrial estates and common effluent treatment plants for the leather cluster.
- In order to attract more investment in hardware manufacturing, the state has set up an expert committee with representatives from the industry to evaluate the potential and advise the government on the way forward.
- The government of Tamil Nadu plans to set up a textile park at Eraiyur village on the Tiruchi-Chennai national highway in Perambalur district. The textile park would be an export-oriented facility and is aimed at increasing the pace of industrialisation in Perambalur district.