India Cements Ltd was founded in 1946 by Mr SNN Sankaralinga Iyer and Mr TS Narayanaswami in Tamil Nadu. Starting off as a two plant company having a capacity of just 1.3 million tonnes (MT) in 1989, India Cements has grown robustly in the last two decades to a capacity of 15.5 million tonnes per annum (MTPA). Presently, the company has seven integrated cement plants in Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, one in Rajasthan, and a grinding unit each in Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra. The company has also ventured into other related fields such as shipping, captive power and coal mining.
India Cement Ltd: One of India's Oldest Cement Companies
|2012||Commissions captive power plant of 48 megawatt (MW) capacity|
|2010||Acquires Indo-Zinc Ltd|
|2007||Converts Sankari plant into dry process from wet process|
|2004||Commissions Waste Heat Recovery System for generation of 7.7 MW power from waste gas Vishnupuram plant|
|1999||Acquires cement plant of Shri Vishnu Cement with an installed capacity of 1 MT|
Updated: October, 2014