Urban Development Minister announces decisions for development of civic facilities and transport infrastructure in Delhi
New Delhi: Union Minister for Urban Development Shri Venkaiah Naidu today announced a series of decisions with regards to the development of civic facilities and transport infrastructure in National Capital Region of Delhi. Some of the important decisions in this regard are as follows:
1. Urban Development Minister has approved the rates of premium for lands allotted for institutional purposes by Delhi Development Authority. Compared to existing rates, the rates has been reduced in the following categories:
• Rate for land required for health services such as medical institutions, hospitals, dispensaries required by Central Government and Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi has been reduced to a nominal charge of Rs 1 per annum.
• Rates for land to Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi for un-remunerative uses such as maternity centres, night shelters and orphanages etc, have been reduced from earlier rate of 50% of ‘No profit, no loss rate” to Rs 1 per annum.
• Rates for land for DTC Depots and offices reduced from commercial rates to No profit no loss rates. Thus the rates which were between Rs 1,82,400 to Rs 6,72,000 will now be Rs 11,745 per sq km.
• Rate for land for staff quarters for schools and hospitals of Local Bodies and Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi reduced from 10% of residential rates to nominal charge of Rs 1 per annum.
• Rate for land for offices of Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi have been reduced from market rates to Zonal Variant Rates. Thus the rates which ranged from Rs 1,82,400 to Rs 6,72,000 will now be between Rs 23,490 to Rs 52,853 per sq km.
• Rate for land for roads, graveyards and crematoria, playgrounds and parks, water supply and drainage for DDA colonies will continue to be allotted free of cost or at nominal charge of Rs 1 per annum.
2. Urban Development Minister has sanctioned Rs 658 crores for five projects for decongesting traffic in Delhi. The five projects are:
• Construction of flyover and underpass connecting Mahipalpur, Aerocity, Airport and NH-8.
• Construction of flyover-cum-road over-bridge near Narela for providing direct access from NH-1 to Bawana Industrial Complex.
• Construction of skywalk and Foot over bridge near ITO for safety of pedestrians going to offices located in and around ITO.
• Construction of up-ramp and widening of road near Kashmiri gate and Nigam Bodh Ghat.
• Construction of 1.6 km long Grade separator at Rani Jhansi Road.
Disclaimer: This information has been collected through secondary research and IBEF is not responsible for any errors in the same.