* The FMCG market in India is expected to increase at a CAGR of 14.9% to reach US$ 220 billion by 2025, from US$ 110 billion in 2020.
* Indian packaged food market is expected to double to US$ 70 billion by 2025.
* Rising digital connectivity in cities and rural areas is driving the demand for FMCG (through e-commerce portals).
* Increase in disposable income in rural India and low penetration levels in rural market offers room for growth.
* E-commerce segment is forecast to contribute 11% to the overall FMCG sales by 2030.
* Investment approval of up to 100% foreign equity in single brand retail and 51 % in multi-brand retail.
* The union government’s production-linked incentive (PLI) scheme gives companies a major opportunity to boost exports with an outlay of US$ 1.42 billion.
* Investment in this sector attract investors as FMCG products have demand throughout the year.
* The sector witnessed healthy FDI inflow of US$ 18.59 billion from April 2000 to June 2021.
Major FMCG cities
- Tamil Nadu
Climate change and global warming are the biggest threats of the present time and how the world manages to control pollution will define our future. R...
Infrastructure is crucial to the development of any economy. Roads, railways, airways, and waterways enable connectivity with the outside world, facil...
India has a huge potential for digital payments. As of October 2021, the country had around 1.18 billion mobile connections, 700 million Internet user...
Introduction The Digital Revolution in India started with the Government o...
Introduction The electronics manufacturing industry is one of the fastest-...