* As per ICRA, in FY22, the cement production in India is expected to increase by ~12% YoY, driven by rural housing demand and government’s strong focus on infrastructure development.
* As per Crisil Ratings, the Indian cement industry is likely to add ~80 million tonnes (MT) capacity by FY24, the highest since the last 10 years, driven by increasing spending on housing and infrastructure activities.
* In October 2021, Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi, launched the ‘PM Gati Shakti - National Master Plan (NMP)’ for multimodal connectivity. Gati Shakti will bring synergy to create a world-class, seamless multimodal transport network in India. This will boost the demand for cement in the future.
* Oligopoly market, where large players have partial pricing control.
* Low threat from substitutes.
* Indian cement companies are amongst the world greenest cement manufacturers.
* With high allocation under the Union Budget 2022-23 for infrastructure, affordable housing schemes and road projects to fuel the economy, the domestic cement industry is poised for a volume surge.
* FDI inflows related to the manufacturing of cement and gypsum products, reached US$ 5.24 billion between April 2000-September 2021.
* In 2021, as remote work is being adopted at a fast pace amid the pandemic, the demand for affordable houses, with a ticket size of <Rs. 40-50 lakh (US$ 53,694- 67,118), is expected to rise in Tier 2 and 3 cities, leading to an increase in demand for cement.
- Tamil Nadu
- Andhra Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
Climate change and global warming are the biggest threats of the present time and how the world manages to control pollution will define our future. R...
Infrastructure is crucial to the development of any economy. Roads, railways, airways, and waterways enable connectivity with the outside world, facil...
India has a huge potential for digital payments. As of October 2021, the country had around 1.18 billion mobile connections, 700 million Internet user...
Introduction The Digital Revolution in India started with the Government o...
Introduction The electronics manufacturing industry is one of the fastest-...