* One of the largest consumers of electronic products in the Asia-Pacific region.
* Third largest start-up hub coupled with strong research & development (R&D) ecosystem.
* Will be the fifth-largest consumers of electronic products by 2025.
*Electronics repair, in addition to manufacturing, is a US$ 20 billion opportunity that has the potential to create 5 million jobs.
* Addressable market for domestic OEMs is projected to be >Rs. 10 lakh crore (US$ USD 131.99 billion) by 2025.
* The Indian government's National Policy on Electronics (NPE 2019) aims to facilitate a turnover of US$ 400 billion in domestic manufacturing by 2025.
* Under the PLI scheme for IT Hardware, the approved enterprises are estimated to manufacture equipment worth >US$ 21.62 billion over the next four years.
* The electronics sector is expected to nearly double in contribution to the GDP in the next few years, owing to increased support from the government to domestic manufacturing.
* The government has set a target to get ~Rs. 18,000 crore (US$ 2.4 billion) investments in the electronics manufacturing segment by 2021-22.
* The Indian market is witnessing increasing investment from players such as Intel, C4V (a lithium-ion cell manufacturer in the US), etc.
- Madhya Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
THE ESDM SECTOR WILL GENERATE US$ 1 TRILLION OF ECONOMIC VALUE
This growth is mainly attributed to increasing middle-class population, rising disposable incomes and declining electronics prices in the country.
Climate change and global warming are the biggest threats of the present time and how the world manages to control pollution will define our future. R...
Infrastructure is crucial to the development of any economy. Roads, railways, airways, and waterways enable connectivity with the outside world, facil...
India has a huge potential for digital payments. As of October 2021, the country had around 1.18 billion mobile connections, 700 million Internet user...
Introduction India has one of the oldest healthcare systems in the world, ...
Introduction Advanced technology is gaining prominence across the globe, e...