Last updated: May, 2020
- Real GDP in 2019-20 was estimated to grow at 5.0 per cent (second advance estimates), lower than 6.1 per cent in 2018-19 (first revised estimates).
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) equity inflow stood at Rs 2,636,362 crore (US$ 456.,79 billion) between April 2000 to December 2019. Net foreign direct investment was US$ 42.7 billion in 2019-20 compared to US$ 30.7 billion in 2018-19.
- India's foreign exchange reserve was Rs 28.74 lakh crore (US$ 414.14 billion) in the week up to April 19, 2020, according to data from the RBI.
- Mutual Funds asset base stood at Rs 23.93 lakh crore (US$ 339.55 billion) at the end of April 2020.
- The combined index of eight core industries stood at 137 in March 2020. Their cumulative growth during 2019-20 was 0.6 per cent.
- India’s Index of Industrial Production (IIP) for 2019-20 stood at 129.2.
- Sales of passenger vehicles (cars, SUV and vans) stood at 2,775,679 units in 2019-20.
- India‘s current account deficit (CAD) was 0.2 per cent of the GDP (US$ 6.3 billion) in Q3 of 2019-20 as compared to 2.7 per cent of the GDP (US$ 19 billion) in Q3 of 2018-19.
- WPI inflation decreased to 1 per cent in March 2020 as compared to 2.3 per cent in February 2020.
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) – Combined inflation was 5.9 per cent in March 2020 as compared to 6.6 per cent in February 2020. The annual consumer price inflation increased to 4.8 per cent in 2019-20 from 3.4 per cent in 2018-19.
- Merger and Acquisition (M&A) worth US$ 25.162 billion was recorded in first ten months of 2019.
- Investments made by private equity (PE)/venture capital houses grew 44 per cent over the last three years in value terms and reached US$ 48 billion in 2019.
Note: Conversion rate used in April 2020, Rs 1 = US$ 0.013123