Last updated: August, 2020
- Real GDP in 2019-20 was estimated to grow 4.2 per cent (provisional estimates), lower than 6.1 per cent in 2018-19 (first revised estimates).
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) equity inflow stood at Rs 2,731,911 crore (US$ 469.99 billion) between April 2000 and March 2020. Net FDI stood at US$ 49.97 billion in 2019-20 compared to US$ 44.36 billion in 2018-19.
- India's foreign exchange reserve was Rs 40.09 lakh crore (US$ 535.25 billion) in the week up to August 14, 2020 according to data from the RBI.
- Mutual Funds asset base stood at Rs 27.11 lakh crore (US$ 384.72 billion) at end of July 2020.
- The combined index of eight core industries stood at 100.7 between April-June 2020.
- India’s Index of Industrial Production (IIP) for June 2020 stood at 107.8 as compared to 89.5 for May 2020, indicating a graded pickup in industrial activity in the economy.
- Wholesale Price Index (WPI) for 'All Commodities' increased to 120.6 in July 2020 from 119.3 in June 2020.
- Consumer Food Price Index (CFPI) – combined inflation was 9.62 per cent in July 2020 compared to 8.72 per cent in June 2020. The annual consumer price inflation increased to 4.8 per cent in 2019-20 from 3.4 per cent in 2018-19.
- In 2019, companies in India raised around US$ 2.5 billion through 17 initial public offers (IPO).
- Private equity (PE) investments registered a 12 per cent increase in H12020 and stood at US$ 18.8 billion (across 341 deals).
Note: Conversion rate used for June 2020, Rs 1 = US$ 0.01324