Last updated: November, 2018
- The Indian economy grew 8.2 per cent year-on-year in first quarter (Q1) of FY 2018-19, as per the Estimates of Gross Domestic Product by Central Statistics Office (CSO).
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows stood at US$ 12.75 billion during April-June 2018.
- India's foreign exchange reserves were US$ 393.52 billion as of the week up to October 19, 2018, as compared to US$ 394.47 billion over the past week.
- Mutual Funds asset base stood at Rs 22.04 trillion (US$ 299.58 billion) at end of September 2018 as against Rs 25.20 trillion (US$ 342.53 billion) at the end of August 2018.
- India’s Index of Industrial Production (IIP) advanced by 4.3 per cent year-on-year in August 2018, as against a rise of 6.6 per cent year-on-year in July 2018. The cumulative IIP growth for April-August 2018-19 was 5.2 per cent over the same period in 2017-18.
- The eight key infrastructure sectors rose 4.2 per cent year-on-year in August 2018, with cement exhibiting the maximum growth of 14.3 per cent. The cumulative growth during April-August 2018-19 was 5.5 per cent.
- Domestic passenger vehicle sales increased 6.88 per cent in April-September 2018-19 over the same period last year.
- India's current account deficit (CAD) was 2.4 per cent during April-June 2018. The current account deficit (CAD) for the financial year 2017-18 stood at 1.9 per cent of GDP.
- India’s Wholesale Price Index (WPI) inflation index increased by 0.7 per cent to 120.8 in September 2018 compared to 120.0 in August 2018.
- India’s Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation rate increased to 3.77 per cent in September 2018 as compared to 3.69 per cent in August 2018.
- Total Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activity grew 53.3 per cent year-on-year to reach US$ 77.6 billion in 2017. M&A involving Indian companies stood at US$ 99.7 billion during January-September 2018.
- Total value of Private Equity (PE)/venture capital (VC) investments reached a record high of US$ 26.8 billion in value terms in 2017. PE/VC investment recorded at US$ 22.2 billion during January- September 2018.
Exchange Rate Used: INR 1 = US$ 0.01359 as on September 28, 2018