Last updated: December, 2019
- Real GDP growth in second quarter (Q2) of 2019-20 is estimated at 4.5 per cent, lower than 5.0 per cent in first quarter (Q1) of 2019-20.
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) equity inflows stood at Rs 2,491,864 crore (US$ 436,350 million) between April 2000-June 201 and stood at US$ 23.35 billion for FY20 (till October 2019).
- India's foreign exchange reserves were Rs 32.19 lakh crore (US$ 460.65 billion) in the week up to November 22, 2019.
- Mutual Funds asset base stood at Rs 27,04,699 crore (US$ 387 billion) at end of November 2019.
- India’s Index of Industrial Production (IIP) registered a growth of 1.3 per cent in April-September 2019, as compared to 5.2 per cent during April-September 2018.
- The combined Index of Eight Core Industries stood at 120.6 in September 2019. Its cumulative growth during April to September, 2019-20 was 1.3 per cent.
- Sales of passenger vehicles (cars, SUV and vans) stood at 248,036 units in October 2019, a growth of 11 per cent year-on-year while two-wheeler sales during the month stood at 1.33 million units.
- India ‘s current account deficit (CAD) was 2.0 per cent of GDP (US$ 14.3 billion) in Q1 of 2019-20, as compared to 2.3 per cent of GDP (US$ 15.8 billion) in Q1 of 2018-19.
- WPI inflation declined to 0.2 per cent in October as compared to 0.3 per cent in September 2019.
- India’s Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation rate rose to 3.5 per cent in April-October 2019.
- Total Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activity grew 104.5 per cent year-on-year to reach Rs 8,98,500 crore (US$ 129.4 billion) in 2018. M&A activity worth US$ 41.6 billion was recorded in January-June 2019 with a decline of 51.5 per cent year-on-year for same period. For month of August 2019, 23 deals worth US$ 845 million were recorded.
- Total value of Private Equity (PE)/Venture Capital (VC) investments grew 35 per cent year-on-year in value terms to reach Rs 243,733 crore (US$ 35.1 billion) in 2018. PE/VC investments in 2019 till November 2019 stood at US$ 44.2 billion.
Note:Conversion rate used as on October 2019, Re 1 = US$ 0.01407