Last updated: January, 2020
- Real GDP growth in second quarter (Q2) of 2019-20 is estimated at 4.5 per cent, lower than 5.0 per cent in first quarter (Q1) of 2019-20.
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) equity inflows stood at Rs 2,560,352 crore (US$ 446,116 million) between April 2000-September 2019 and stood at US$ 24.40 billion for FY20 (till November 2019).
- India's foreign exchange reserves were Rs 32.35 lakh crore (US$ 454.94 billion) in the week up to December 20, 2019.
- Mutual Funds asset base stood at Rs 27,25,932 crore (US$ 390.03 billion) at end of December 2019.
- India’s Index of Industrial Production (IIP) registered a growth of 0.3 per cent in April-October 2019, as compared to 5.7 per cent during April-October 2018.
- The combined Index of Eight Core Industries stood at 126.3 in November 2019. Its cumulative growth during April to November, 2019-20 was 0.0 per cent.
- Sales of passenger vehicles (cars, SUV and vans) stood at 248,036 units in October 2019, a growth of 11 per cent year-on-year while two-wheeler sales during the month stood at 1.33 million units.
- India ‘s current account deficit (CAD) was 0.9 per cent of GDP (US$ 6.3 billion) in Q2 of 2019-20, as compared to 2.9 per cent of GDP (US$ 19 billion) in Q2 of 2018-19.
- WPI inflation increased to 0.6 per cent in November as compared to 0.2 per cent in October 2019.
- India’s Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation rate rose to 3.7 per cent in April-November 2019.
- Total Merger and Acquisition (M&A) worth US$ 52.1 billion was recorded in 2019.
- Total value of Private Equity (PE)/Venture Capital (VC) investments grew 35 per cent year-on-year in value terms to reach Rs 243,733 crore (US$ 35.1 billion) in 2018. PE/VC investments in 2019 reached US$ 37 billion with 861 deals.
Note:Conversion rate used as on November 2019, Re 1 = US$ 0.013995