Last updated: October, 2019
- GDP at Constant (2011-12) Prices in Q1 of 2019-20 is estimated at Rs 35.85 lakh crore (US$ 512.95 billion), as against Rs 34.14 lakh crore (US$ 488.88 billion), in Q1 of 2018-19, showing a growth rate of 5 per cent.
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) equity inflows stood at Rs 2,491,864 crore (US$ 436,350 million) between April 2000-June 201 and stood at US$ 19.33 billion for FY20 (till August 2019).
- India's foreign exchange reserves were Rs 30.45 lakh crore (US$ 428.57 billion) in the week up to September 20, 2019, as compared to Rs 30.45 lakh crore (US$ 429.60 billion) over the past week.
- Mutual Funds asset base stood at Rs 24,50,787 crore (US$ 350.66 billion) at end of September 2019.
- India’s Index of Industrial Production (IIP) for the month of August 2019 stands at 126.6. The cumulative growth for the period April-August 2019 over the corresponding period of the previous year stands at 2.4 per cent. The growth of IIP was 4.3 per cent in July 2019, as compared to 6.5 per cent recorded in July 2018. IIP registered a growth of 3.3 per cent in April-July 2019, as compared to 5.4 per cent during the April-July 2018.
- The combined Index of Eight Core Industries stood at 128.2 in August 2019. Its cumulative growth during April to August, 2019-20 was 2.4 per cent.
- Domestic passenger vehicle sales increased 2.7 per cent year-on-year in 2018-19. The sale saw a decline of 18.42 per cent in April-June 2019.
- India ‘s current account deficit (CAD) was 2.0 per cent of GDP (US$ 14.3 billion) in Q1 of 2019-20, as compared to 2.3 per cent of GDP (US$ 15.8 billion) in Q1 of 2018-19.
- India’s Wholesale Price Index (WPI) inflation index remained unchanged at 1.1 per cent in August 2019.
- India’s Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation rate rose to 3.1 per cent in April-August 2019.
- Total Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activity grew 104.5 per cent year-on-year to reach Rs 8,98,500 crore (US$ 129.4 billion) in 2018. M&A activity worth US$ 41.6 billion was recorded in January-June 2019 with a decline of 51.5 per cent year-on-year for same period. For month of August 2019, 23 deals worth US$ 845 million were recorded.
- Total value of Private Equity (PE)/Venture Capital (VC) investments grew 35 per cent year-on-year in value terms to reach Rs 243,733 crore (US$ 35.1 billion) in 2018. PE/VC investments in 2019 stood at US$ 40.3 billion with 830 deals till September 2019.
Note: Conversion rate used as on August 2019, Re 1 = US$ 0.014056