Last updated: August, 2018
- The Indian economy grew at 7.7 per cent in fourth quarter (Q4) FY 2017-18, as per the Second Advance Estimates of National Income by Central Statistics Office (CSO).
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows stood at US$ 12.75 billion during April-June 2018.
- India's foreign exchange reserves were US$ 400.85 billion in the week up to August 17, 2018, as compared to US$ 400.88 billion over the past week.
- Mutual Funds asset base stood at Rs 23.06 trillion (US$ 325.15 billion) at end of July 2018 as against Rs 22.86 trillion (US$ 322.33 billion) at the end of June 2018.
- India’s Index of Industrial Production (IIP) advanced by 7.0 per cent in June 2018, as against a rise of 3.9 per cent in May 2018. The cumulative IIP growth for April-June 2018-19 was 5.2 per cent over the same period in 2017-18.
- The eight key infrastructure sectors rose 6.6 per cent year-on-year in July 2018, with refinery products exhibiting the maximum growth of 12.3 per cent. The cumulative growth during April – July 2018-19 was 5.8 per cent.
- Domestic passenger vehicle sales increased 13.32 per cent in April-July 2018-19 over the same period last year.
- India's current account deficit (CAD) was 1.9 per cent during January-March 2018. The current account deficit (CAD) for the financial year 2016-17 narrowed to 0.7 per cent of GDP, as against a deficit of 1.1 per cent in 2015-16.
- India’s Wholesale Price Index (WPI) inflation index increased by 0.4 per cent to 119.7 in July 2018 compared to 119.2 in June 2018.
- India’s Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation rate decreased to 4.17 per cent in July 2018 as compared to 4.92 per cent in June 2018.
- Total Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activity grew 53.3 per cent year-on-year to reach US$ 77.6 billion in 2017. M&A involving Indian companies’ activity stood at US$ 65.45 billion during first half of 2018.
- Total value of Private Equity (PE)/venture capital (VC) investments reached a record high of US$ 26.8 billion in value terms in 2017. PE/VC investment in India has crossed US$ 16.9 billion mark during January to July 2018.
Exchange Rate Used: INR 1 = US$ 0.0141 as on August 31, 2018