Last updated: March, 2020
- Real GDP in 2019-20 is estimated to grow at 5.0 per cent (second advance estimates), lower than 6.1 per cent in 2018-19 (first revised estimates).
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) equity inflows stood at Rs 2,636,362 crore (US$ 456.,79 billion) between April 2000 to December 2019 and US$ 27.58 billion for FY20 (till December 2019).
- India's foreign exchange reserves were Rs 33.98 lakh crore (US$ 476.09 billion) in the week up to February 14, 2020, according to data from the RBI.
- Mutual Funds asset base stood at Rs 27,22,937 crore (US$ 389.60 billion) at end of February 2020.
- The combined Index of Eight Core Industries stood at 137.5 in January 2020, which increased by 2.2 per cent as compared to January 2019. Its cumulative growth during April to January 2019-20 was 0.6 per cent.
- India’s Index of Industrial Production (IIP) for the month of January 2020 stood at 137.1. The cumulative growth for the period April- January 2020 over the corresponding period of the previous year stands at 0.5 per cent.
- Sales of passenger vehicles (cars, SUV and vans) stood at 248,036 units in October 2019, a growth of 11 per cent year-on-year while two-wheeler sales during the month stood at 1.33 million units.
- India ‘s current account deficit (CAD) was 0.9 per cent of GDP (US$ 6.3 billion) in Q2 of 2019-20, as compared to 2.9 per cent of GDP (US$ 19 billion) in Q2 of 2018-19.
- WPI inflation increased to 3.1 per cent in January 2020 as compared to 2.6 per cent in December 2019.
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) – Combined inflation was 4.5 per cent in April-January 2019-20 as compared to 3.6 per cent in April-January 2019.
- Total Merger and Acquisition (M&A) worth US$ 25.162 billion was recorded in first ten months of 2019.
- Total value of Private Equity (PE)/Venture Capital (VC) investments grew 44 per cent over past three years in value terms to reach US$ 48 billion in 2019.
Note: Conversion rate used as on January 2020, Re 1 = US$ 0.014022531