Last updated: October, 2020
- India’s GDP (at constant 2011–12 prices) was estimated at Rs 26.9 trillion (US$ 0.2 trillion) for the first quarter of FY2020–21 against Rs 35.35 trillion (US$ 0.5 trillion) in the first quarter of FY2019–20, showing a contraction of 23.9% compared with 5.2% growth in the first quarter of FY2019–20.
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) equity inflow stood at Rs 27.3 trillion (US$ 469.99 billion) between April 2000 and March 2020. Net FDI stood at US$ 49.97 billion in 2019-20 compared to US$ 44.36 billion in 2018–19.
- India's foreign exchange reserve was Rs 39.64 trillion (US$ 542.01 billion) as of September 4, 2020, according to data from the RBI.
- India’s overall exports from April 2020 to August 2020 are estimated at US$ 182.13 billion, (a 19.32% decrease over the same period last year). Overall imports from April 2020 to August 2020 are estimated at US$ 167.94 billion, (a 38% decrease over the same period last year).
- According to data provided by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), India’s outward Foreign Direct Investment (OFDI) in equity, loan and guaranteed issue stood at ~US$ 806.6 million in August 2020 versus US$ 2.6 billion in July 2020.
- Mutual Funds asset base stood at Rs 27.78 trillion (US$ 0.4 trillion) in August 2020.
- The combined index of eight core industries stood at 119.9 in July 2020.
- India’s Index of Industrial Production (IIP) for July 2020 stood at 118.1 against 108.9 for June 2020, indicating a graded pickup in industrial activities.
- Wholesale Price Index (WPI) for 'All Commodities' increased to 121.7 in August 2020 from 120.6 in July 2020.
- Consumer Food Price Index (CFPI) – combined inflation was 9.05% in August 2020 against 9.27% in July 2020.
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) – combined inflation was 6.69% in August 2020 against 6.73% in July 2020.
- Four initial public offerings (IPO) worth US$ 2.08 million were launched in the first quarter of FY2021.
- In the first half of 2020–21, Private Equity (PE) investments decreased by 10% to US$ 18.3 billion, from US$ 20.4 billion in the first half of 2019–20.
Note: Conversion rate used for September 2020 is Rs 1 = US$ 0.01370