Last updated: June, 2021
- In FY21, foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows in India stood at US$ 81.72 billion, an increase of 10% YoY.
- India's foreign exchange reserves stood at US$ 584.11 billion as of April 23, 2021, according to data from the RBI.
- India’s overall exports in April 2021 were estimated at US$ 51.79 billion (a 93.21% YoY increase ). Overall imports in April 2021 were estimated at US$ 58.72 billion (a 122.24% YoY increase).
- In April 2021, foreign portfolio investment (FPI) inflows in India stood at US$ 1.19 billion.
- According to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), India’s outward foreign direct investments (OFDIs) in equity, loan and guaranteed issue stood at US$ 2.51 billion in April 2021 vs. ~US$ 1.99 billion in March 2021.
- Mutual funds asset base stood at Rs. 32.43 trillion (US$ 445.06 billion) in April 2021.
- The combined index of eight core industries stood at 143.1 in March 2021.
- India’s Index of Industrial Production (IIP) for March 2021 stood at 143.4 against 129.4 for February 2021.
- Wholesale Price Index (WPI) for all commodities increased to 131.7 in April 2021, from 129.3 in March 2021.
- Consumer Food Price Index (CFPI) – Combined inflation was 2.02 in April 2021 against 4.87 in March 2021.
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) – Combined inflation was 4.29% in April 2021 against 5.52% in March 2021.
Note: Conversion rate used for May 2021 is Rs. 1 = US$ 0.014