Last updated: June, 2019
- The Indian economy is expected to grow 6.8 per cent year-on-year (at constant 2011-12 prices) in FY 2018-19, as per Second Advance Estimates of Gross Domestic Product by Central Statistics Office (CSO).
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) equity inflows stood at US$ 44.36 billion between April-March 2019.
- India's foreign exchange reserves were US$ 419.99 billion in the week up to May 31, 2019, as compared to US$ 417.99 billion over the past week.
- Mutual Funds asset base stood at Rs 24.78 trillion (US$ 354.56 billion) at end of April 2019 as against Rs 23.80 trillion (US$ 340.34 billion) at the end of March 2019.
- India’s Index of Industrial Production (IIP) lowered by 0.1 per cent year-on-year in March 2019, as against a rise of 1.4 per cent year-on-year in February 2019. The cumulative IIP growth for April 2018-March 2019 was 3.6 per cent over the same period in 2017-18.
- The eight key infrastructure sectors rose 2.6 per cent year-on-year in April 2019, with cement exhibiting the maximum growth of 15.7 per cent. The cumulative growth during 2018-2019 was 4.3 per cent.
- Domestic passenger vehicle sales increased 2.7 per cent year-on-year in 2018-19.
- India's current account deficit (CAD) was 2.6 per cent during April-December 2018. The current account deficit (CAD) for the financial year 2017-18 stood at 1.9 per cent of GDP.
- India’s Wholesale Price Index (WPI) inflation index rose by 04 per cent to 120.0 in March 2019 compared to 119.5 in February 2019.
- India’s Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation rate rose to 2.92 per cent in April 2019 as compared to 2.86 per cent in March 2019.
- Total Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activity grew 104.5 per cent year-on-year to reach US$ 129.4 billion in 2018. M&A activity worth US$ 12.5 billion was recorded across 110 deals in January-March 2019.
- Total value of Private Equity (PE)/Venture Capital (VC) investments grew 35 per cent year-on-year in value terms to reach US$ 35.1 billion in 2018. PE/VC investments worth US$ 8.5 billion were recorded across 182 deals in January-March 2019.
Exchange Rate Used: INR 1 = US$ 0.0143 as on May 30, 2019