Last updated: January, 2019
- The Indian economy grew 8.2 per cent year-on-year in first quarter (Q1) of FY 2018-19, as per the Estimates of Gross Domestic Product by Central Statistics Office (CSO).
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows stood at US$ 12.75 billion during April-June 2018.
- India's foreign exchange reserves were US$ 393.29 billion as of the week up to December 21, 2018, as compared to US$ 393.12 billion over the past week.
- Mutual Funds asset base stood at Rs 24.03 trillion (US$ 344.37 billion) at end of November 2018 as against Rs 22.24 trillion (US$ 318.64 billion) at the end of October 2018.
- India’s Index of Industrial Production (IIP) advanced by 8.1 per cent year-on-year in October 2018, as against a rise of 4.5 per cent year-on-year in September 2018. The cumulative IIP growth for April-October 2018 was 5.6 per cent over the same period in 2017-18.
- The eight key infrastructure sectors rose 4.8 per cent year-on-year in October 2018, with cement exhibiting the maximum growth of 18.4 per cent. The cumulative growth during April-October 2018 was 5.4 per cent.
- Domestic passenger vehicle sales increased 4.9 per cent in April-November 2018 over the same period last year.
- India's current account deficit (CAD) was 2.7 per cent during April-September 2018. The current account deficit (CAD) for the financial year 2017-18 stood at 1.9 per cent of GDP.
- India’s Wholesale Price Index (WPI) inflation index increased by 0.1 per cent to 121.8 in November 2018 compared to 121.7 in October 2018.
- India’s Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation rate decreased to 2.33 per cent in November 2018 as compared to 3.38 per cent in October 2018.
- Total Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activity grew 53.3 per cent year-on-year to reach US$ 77.6 billion in 2017. M&A involving Indian companies stood at US$ 125.2 billion during 2018 (Upto December 14, 2018).
- Total value of Private Equity (PE)/venture capital (VC) investments reached a record high of US$ 26.8 billion in value terms in 2017. PE/VC investment recorded at US$ 27 billion during January-November 2018.
Exchange Rate Used: INR 1 = US$ 0.01433 as on December 31, 2018