* With a total population of 1.3 billion, 50% being under the age of 25, India has large pool of young and skilled workforce.
* India has a large reservoir of scientific human resources including scientists and engineers.
* 9 DBT-supported biotech parks and 60 BIRAC-supported bio-incubators.
* In the Union Budget 2022-23, DBT was allotted US$ 343.56 million for developing basic infrastructure, genetic engineering, bioinformatics, agriculture biotechnology, and training people.
* 100% under automatic route for greenfield projects for pharmaceuticals.
* While 74% is permitted under automatic route for brownfield projects, 100% under government route is permitted for brownfield investments.
* 100% under automatic route is allowed for the manufacturing of medical devices.
* Patient pool expected to increase over 20% in the next 10 years, mainly due to rise in population.
* New diseases & lifestyle changes to boost demand for drugs and devices.
- West Bengal
- Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology
- Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology
- Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises (ABLE)
- The Biotech Research Society, India
Climate change and global warming are the biggest threats of the present time and how the world manages to control pollution will define our future. R...
Infrastructure is crucial to the development of any economy. Roads, railways, airways, and waterways enable connectivity with the outside world, facil...
India has a huge potential for digital payments. As of October 2021, the country had around 1.18 billion mobile connections, 700 million Internet user...
Introduction India has one of the oldest healthcare systems in the world, ...
Introduction Advanced technology is gaining prominence across the globe, e...