Trade Analytics

Vistara

Go Back

Vistara

  • Indian airline based in New Delhi
  • JV between Tata Sons and SIA
  • First domestic carrier to operate out of the new Terminal 2 at CSI Airport

Vistara is an Indian airline based in New Delhi with a hub at the Indira Gandhi International Airport. The carrier commenced operations on January 9, 2015 and operates 14 daily flights with 3 Airbus A320 aircraft. The Full service carrier was announced in 2013 and was established as a joint venture between Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines. It is the first carrier to offer premium economy seats on domestic flights in India.

The airline is a joint venture (JV) between Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines Ltd (SIA). The carrier was announced in 2013 as a full-service airline based in New Delhi. The two companies will initially invest a combined US$ 100 million to start the carrier, with Tata Sons owning 51 per cent and Singapore Airlines owning the remaining 49 per cent. The joint Tata and SIA venture received approval from India's Foreign Investment Promotion Board in October 2013, allowing SIA to take a 49 per cent stake in the airline. Vistara is taken from the Sanskrit word Vistaar, meaning "expansion".

Vistara is the first domestic carrier to operate out of the new Terminal 2 at CSI Airport. The airline will initially operate from level 4 of the terminal, which is being used by international carriers. From July 2015, it will be shifted to level 3, which when complete will be dedicated for domestic carriers.

Source: https://www.airvistara.com/

Shanti Gears: Turning the wheels of industries

2015 Carrier commenced operations.
2014 On December 9, 2014, Vistara opened bookings
2013 Tata Sons and SIA announced a full-service airline based in New Delhi.

Updated: January, 2015

Aviation
India is expected to become the third largest aviation market by 2020 and is expected to be the largest by 2030.