Govt to set up model schools, to be called 'PM Shri Schools': Education Minister
Minister of Education, and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan, stated that the Centre is aiming to construct "PM Shri Schools" in an effort to educate children for the future and build a laboratory for the new National Education Policy (NEP). He said this In Gujarat, where he was speaking at the two-day National Education Minister's Conference.
He went on to say that these cutting-edge schools will serve as the "laboratory of NEP 2020."
The Education Minister laid down a few pointers that will help Indians become global citizens of the 21st century:
- NEP's 5 3 3 4 approach, which covers pre-school through secondary school
- Placing a strong emphasis on the Early Childhood Care and Education Program (ECCE)
- Teacher training and adult education,
- Integrating skill development with school education
- Prioritise learning in the mother tongue
He encouraged the Education Ministers of all States, Union Territories, and various stakeholders to help develop the National Curriculum Framework, and develop quality e-content for expanding the reach of digital education, and for universalising education.
Disclaimer: This information has been collected through secondary research and IBEF is not responsible for any errors in the same.