PM Mr. Narendra Modi flagged off nine Vande Bharat Express on September 24th, 2023
Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi launched nine Vande Bharat Express through video conference on September 24, 2023, at 12:30 PM.
These new Vande Bharat trains are a step towards attaining Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi's aim of enhancing connectivity across the country and providing rail passengers with world-class facilities. The following new trains will be flagged off:
- Udaipur – Jaipur Vande Bharat Express
- Tirunelveli – Madurai – Chennai Vande Bharat Express
- Hyderabad – Bengaluru Vande Bharat Express
- Vijayawada – Chennai (via Renigunta) Vande Bharat Express
- Patna – Howrah Vande Bharat Express
- Kasaragod – Thiruvananthapuram Vande Bharat Express
- Rourkela – Bhubaneswar – Puri Vande Bharat Express
- Ranchi – Howrah Vande Bharat Express
- Jamnagar – Ahmedabad Vande Bharat Express
These nine trains would improve connection in eleven different states, including Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Bihar, West Bengal, Kerala, Odisha, Jharkhand, and Gujarat. These Vande Bharat trains would be the swiftest on their respective operating lines, saving passengers a significant amount of time.
The Rourkela- Bhubaneswar- Puri Vande Bharat Express and the Tirunelveli-Madurai-Chennai Vande Bharat Express would connect Puri and Madurai, two significant religious towns, in accordance with the Prime Minister's aim to increase connectivity of key religious locations across the country. In addition, the Vijayawada-Chennai Vande Bharat Express will use the Renigunta route to link to the Tirupati Pilgrimage Centre.
Disclaimer: This information has been collected through secondary research and IBEF is not responsible for any errors in the same.