Textiles

The Indian Textile Industry counts among the leading textile industries in the world.

Textile Industry in India

Latest update: February, 2014

Market Size

The size of India’s textile market in 2011 was US$ 89.0 billion; the market is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.1 per cent over 2009–21.

Market Size

Market Share

In 2012, apparel had a share of 69 per cent of the overall market; textiles contributed the remaining 31 per cent.

Market Share

Production

Production of raw cotton grew to 35.3 million bales in FY12, up from about 28.0 million bales in FY07.

Production

Exports

Cotton and man-made textiles were the major contributors with shares of 34 per cent and 17 per cent, respectively.

Exports

Related NewsMore

Last Updated: April 16, 2014

RSSRss

Get News AlertsGET NEWS ALERTS

Updated: February, 2014

SECTORAL REPORT | March, 2014

Introduction

The Indian Textiles Industry has an overwhelming presence in the economic life of the country. Apart from providing one of the basic necessities of life, the textiles industry also plays a vital role through its contribution to industrial output, employment generation, and the export earnings of the country.

The sector contributes about 14 per cent to industrial production; 4 per cent to the country’s ...

Read More >

Textiles India

Textiles and Apparel Zones
Textiles India

Posters

Brand India Pharma

FASHION FOR HIGH TECH

The technical textile industry in india worth US$ 17 billion is expected to grow at a rate of 20 per cent annually to reach US$ 36 billion by 2016-17.

+ More >

Brand India Pharma

IBEF Publications

IBEF Publications

IBEF Publications:
Innovations from India:
Harbinger of Change

Order Now >

+ More Publications >

IBEF Publications

Perspectives More


Loading blogs ...

ideas More

Ideas

Happily Unmarried : For the Fun of It
"It's a revolt against convention. Happily Unmarried counters the propensity of marketers to create products in the conventional backdrop of happily married couples...

JOIN IBEF.org

Join IBEF.org now. Enjoy FREE subscriptions downloads, updates and more.

Error

Already a member?
Login / Retrieve Password

Copyright © 2010-2015 India Brand Equity Foundation

All material, information, data, images or content on this website is subject to copyright or other applicable intellectual property laws and no part of it can be reproduced in any form (including paper or electronic form) without prior written consent and approval from IBEF. Infringements are subject to prosecution under the applicable laws. For consent related queries and conditions,
please write to info.brandindia@ibef.org

IndiaAn initiative of the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India