Trade Analytics
Media and Entertainment
India’s television market is expected to grow at CAGR of 15.5 per cent to reach US$ 15.2 billion in 2019.

Growth of Media, Entertainment & Animation Industry - Infographic

Latest update: January, 2017

Television, one of the largest and fastest growing segment

  • With a growth rate of 15.8 per cent in 2011, Indian television industry stood second when compared with BRIC and other major developed economies.
  • In 2015, the television industry in India derived the major share of its revenue from subscription (66.6 per cent) and the rest from advertising segment (33.4 per cent)
  • Nonetheless, the share of subscription in the overall revenue of the TV segment is expected to increase to 66.76 per cent by 2020
  • In 2016, television market is expected to generate US$ 9.62 billion revenue
Growth
Growth

Posters

Brand India Pharma

MEDIA ENTERTAINMENT INDIA

India has one of the largest film industries in the world, produces the largest number of films annually, constitutes the highest number of tickets so...

+ More >

Brand India Pharma

IBEF Publications

IBEF Publication

India Now Magazine


India Now Business and Economy

English

+ More Publications >

IBEF Publication

Blog – Perspectives on India More

Powered by the Who's Who of India

author_Anu_P._Mathai_photo_1_-_mobile_photo_1.jpg Benchmarking Indian leather products across the world
Anu P. Mathai, IES, Chief Executive Officer, IBEF

India’s leather industry has moved progressively, transforming from a raw material supplier to a value-added product exporter over the past few decades. The country...

author_saurav-ghosh3.jpg Economic Liberation of Panchayats
Saurav Ghosh, Social Entrepreneur

Panchayats, hidden in plain sight, may just be the answer to improving agriculture productivity in India...

author_Anu_P._Mathai_photo_1_-_mobile_photo_1.jpg Brand India makes its presence felt at Arab Health 2017
Anu P. Mathai, IES, Chief Executive Officer, IBEF

Over 100 Indian companies participated at Arab Health 2017, the largest healthcare exhibition & medical congress in the Middle East and the second largest in the worl...

author_Rahul-Garg.png GST a game changer for manufacturing industry: Are you ready?
Rahul Garg, Founder & CEO, Moglix

GST, the “most significant tax reform” so far in India is poised to enable India Inc to operate under a one-country one market philosophy. One of the biggest ...

author_Anu_P._Mathai_photo_1_-_mobile_photo_1.jpg Government e-Marketplace: A GeM for modern procurement
Anu P. Mathai, IES, Chief Executive Officer, IBEF

The Government of India has laid special emphasis on the reforms required in its public procurement process. In a major step that aims to transform the way in which procu...

author_Rohit-Poddar1.jpg How the government announcement will boost interest of consumers in the real estate sector
Rohit Poddar, Managing Director, Poddar Housing & Development Ltd.

The provisions of the erstwhile Rajiv Awas Yojana (RAY) scheme weren’t the brightest idea because practical implementation, in scale, was not feasible, and hence it...

ideas More

Ideas

Cutlery You Can Eat
Narayana Peesapaty, a former researcher at the International Water Management Institute of Hyderabad, has created an innovative edible cutlery, mainly made out of sorghum. The basic idea behind the innovation - replace plastic spoons – struck Narayana during a flight, upon observing fellow passengers..

JOIN IBEF.org

Join IBEF.org now. Enjoy FREE subscriptions downloads, updates and more.

Error

Already a member?
Login / Retrieve Password