* In India, the total subscriber base stood at 1,170.75 million in January 2023.
* Tele-density of rural subscribers reached 57.71% in March 2023.
* From around 4,200 petabytes in 2018, India's overall wireless internet data usage has increased by almost 7x to 32,397 petabytes in 2021.
* Also, India is one of the biggest consumer of data worldwide. As per TRAI, average wireless data usage per wireless data subscriber was 17.11 GB per month in December 2022 from 61.66 MB in March 2014.
* Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi launched 5G services on October 1, 2022.
* India's 5G subscriptions to have 350 million by 2026. accounting for 27% of all mobile subscriptions.
* By 2025, India will need ~22 million skilled workers in 5G-centric technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), robotics and cloud computing.
* India ranks 2nd in "international mobile broadband internet traffic" and "international Internet bandwidth."
* The Union Cabinet approved Rs. 12,195 crore (US$ 1.65 billion) production-linked incentive (PLI) scheme for telecom & networking products under the Department of Telecom. On December 2022, 42 companies have committed an investment US$ 502.95 million (Rs. 4,115 crore) comprising 28 MSMEs and 14 Non-MSMEs (eight domestic and seven global companies) have been approved under the PLI Scheme. To drive the development of 6G technology, the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has developed a sixth-generation (6G) innovation group.
* In Union Budget 2023-24 the Department of Telecommunications was allocated Rs. 97,579.05 crore (US$ 11.92 billion). Of this, US$ 48.88 million (Rs. 400 crore) is for Research and Development, US$ 611.1 million (Rs. 5,000 crore) is for Bharatnet.
* FDI inflow in the telecom sector stood at US$ 39.02 billion between April 2000-December 2022.
* The PLI plan for Large Scale Electronics Manufacturing has received about US$ 569.49 million (Rs. 4,700 crore) in investment as of September 2022.
The millets industry in India has emerged as a beacon of hope and progress, symbolizing the nation's commitment to health, sustainability, and pro...
The Indian healthcare industry comprises hospitals, medical devices, clinical trials, outsourcing, telemedicine, medical tourism, health insurance, an...
The agricultural supply chain in India is a vital component of the nation's economy, rural development, and food security. With its diverse agro-c...
In recent years, a revolutionary trend has evolved in the financial service...
The traditional Indian palate has evolved over centuries and has its roots ...