Trade Analytics
According to a study by GSMA, India is all set to become the fourth largest smartphone market by 2020.

Growth of Telecom Industry in India – Infographic

Latest update: December, 2017

  • India is currently the 2nd largest telecommunication market and has the 3rd highest number of internet users in the world
  • India’s telephone subscriber base expanded at a CAGR of 19.16 per cent, reaching 1188.5 million during FY07–1
  • Tele-density (defined as the number of telephone connections for every 100 individuals) in India, increased from 17.9 in FY07 to 92.59 in FY171


Notes: CAGR - Compound Annual Growth Rate, 1- Data till February 2017
Source: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India

  • The mobile segment’s teledensity surged from 14.6 per cent in FY07 to 90.70 per cent in FY171
  • GSM services continue to dominate the wireless market with a 98.66 per cent share (as of December 2016); while CDMA services accounted for the remaining 1.34 per cent share.


Note:Teledensity - The number of telephone lines for every 100 people in a country, GSM - Global System for Mobile Communications, CDMA - Code Division Multiple Access, 1 - Data till February 2017
Source: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India




Brand India Pharma


India is the third growing mobile application market in the world with over 9,000 application development companies.India is set to become one of the ...

+ More >

Brand India Pharma

IBEF Publications

IBEF Publication

India Now Magazine

Rural India


+ More Publications >

IBEF Publication


author_logo-ibef1.jpg India hosts Informal WTO Ministerial Meeting
IBEF, Knowledge Centre

India hosted the Informal WTO Ministerial Meeting is being held in New Delhi on 19-20 March 2018. India is one of the founding Members of the World Trade Organization. Th...

author_Siddartha-Sacheti-Jaipur-Gems-CEO.jpg "Indian jewellers, especially those with heritage, have massive potential as brands themselves"
Mr Siddhartha Sacheti, CEO - Jaipur Gems

Jaipur Gems is one of India's largest producers and exporters of gems and jewellery. It has an international presence via retail stores, and has won multiple internat...

author_logo-ibef1.jpg Mid-term review of foreign trade policy: An update
IBEF, Knowledge Centre

The Indian Government announced the mid-term review of Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20 on December 5, 2017. Overall, the policy is expected to make Indian exports more compe...

author_Satish-Kannan1.jpg Internet Proliferation is Making Access to Healthcare Easier
Satish Kannan, Co-founder and CEO, DocsApp

In today's age, it's sometimes easy to forget that the internet is not just for networking and entertainment. It has a purpose and a vast reach; when used correct...

author_logo-ibef1.jpg Auto Expo 2018
IBEF, Knowledge Centre

Held at two separate venues in 2018, the Auto Expo is India’s largest auto gathering. The Auto Expo 2018–Vehicles is scheduled to be held at India Expo Mart, ...

author_Amit_Wadhwani1.jpg 2018 to witness a green revolution in realty and infrastructure
Mr Amit Wadhwani, Director, Sai Estate Consultants

As the Indian real estate and infrastructure sectors look towards a greener future, the investment opportunities are promising and plentiful.In recent years, India has em...

ideas More


Reality of the Future
As businesses change rapidly to embrace new technologies, innovations in the field of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) have revolutionized customer buying experience. Mr Hemanth Satyanarayana, the founder of Imaginate Software Labs, having spent a decade working in the VR/AR space,..


Join now. Enjoy FREE subscriptions downloads, updates and more.


Already a member?
Login / Retrieve Password